Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by oversteer <br...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2011/08/02 14:16:09 UTC

Glassfish 3.1 could not find Factory: javax.faces.application.ApplicationFactory

I'm thinking of switching to MyFaces from Mojarra after being impressed with
CODI
and would like to run some tests.

On glassfish 3.1 I've added the useMyFaces & useBundledJsf lines to
sun-web.xml,
and added the myfaces-bundle-2.1.1.jar to the classpath. I've also tried
adding the
jars individually.

On deployment I get this error:

SEVERE: Exception while loading the app : java.lang.IllegalStateException:
ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Application was not properly initialized at
startup, could not find Factory: javax.faces.application.ApplicationFactory

Any ideas? I hope it's an easy one.

Re: Glassfish 3.1 could not find Factory: javax.faces.application.ApplicationFactory

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi,

first of all: welcome @ myfaces!

short addition:

codi also works with glassfish v3.1.1 (without changes).

you can find an example at the glassfish31 branch of the community demo [1]
(just start your glassfish domain, the db and you have to use the jee6
profile for building the example (as mentioned in the readme)).

regards,
gerhard

[1]
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/myfaces-codi-examples/source/browse/?name=glassfish31#hg%2Fcommunity

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

AW: Glassfish 3.1 could not find Factory: javax.faces.application.ApplicationFactory

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi brendan,

thx for the info. it's great to hear about your progress.

fyi: if there are further questions about owb itself, you are also very
welcome to send them to the mailing list of owb [1].
e.g. mark and i and for sure the owb community in general will be happy to
answer your questions about owb.

regards,
gerhard

[1] http://openwebbeans.apache.org/owb/mail-lists.html