Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by abangkis <ab...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/14 17:04:36 UTC

Trying to load non AMD javascript in tapestry 5.4

Hello. I'm trying to load a simple regular javascript that's going to be
used as dependency from a RequireJS module.

So i created mytest.js under classpath:META-INF/assets/js/mytest.js. It
contain a single function :

function showMe() {
alert("test 2  my_test");
};

I add the contribution in AppModule

    public static void contributeModuleManager(MappedConfiguration<String,
Object> configuration,
            @Path("/META-INF/assets/js/mytest.js") Resource js) {
        configuration.add("mytest", new JavaScriptModuleConfiguration(js));
    }

Create a test page

@Import(module = "Lima")
public class Lima {
}

that call the module :

require(['mytest'],
function(mytest){
console.log("mytest " + mytest);
mytest.showMe();
});

the module is loaded, the mytest.js file is found. But the console log
mytest as undefined. Here's what's printed on the console

console.js:104 Loading library
/KomuttaCentral/assets/ctx/z1d218c13/js/jquery-2.0.3.min.js
console.js:104 Loading library
/KomuttaCentral/assets/ctx/z50c3674f/js/scripts.js
console.js:104 Executing 1 inits
console.js:104 Loaded module Lima
console.js:104 All inits executed
Lima.js:3 mytest undefined
console.js:104 RequireJS error: require: Cannot read property 'showMe' of
undefined

So, what did i do wrong? Thanks.
--
http://www.mreunionlabs.net/ <http://www.mreunion-labs.net/>
twitter : @mreunionlabs @abangkis

Re: Trying to load non AMD javascript in tapestry 5.4

Posted by abangkis <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi Diego and Geoff thanks a lot for the examples. Will work on it again
next week.

Posted by Diego Socaceti <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi Geoff,

Posted by Diego Socaceti <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi Geoff,

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi Diego,

Posted by Diego Socaceti <so...@gmail.com>.
sorry, copy, paste-error

Posted by Diego Socaceti <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi @all,

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
Despite what I said 9 months ago in the thread you referenced, I'm not sure that I've ever seen the shimming [1] ever work, but I haven't pursued it because the many javascript libraries I use work fine anyway without being modules.

[1] http://tapestry.apache.org/5.4/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry5/services/javascript/JavaScriptModuleConfiguration.html

Here are 4 very different examples that my modules are using without, I believe, shimming. Maybe they're being shimmed and I should take advantage of it. If so, I'd welcome someone setting me straight.

Posted by abangkis <ab...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by abangkis <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi thiago. I actually have read about requirejs shimming
http://requirejs.org/docs/api.html#config-shim to use non-AMD module in
requirejs. For requirejs, it's quite forward. We just need to add the shim
to requirejs.config (usually in main.js).

Looking at this thread
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tapestry-users/201406.mbox/%3C273E9647-5CFE-4BF5-B0B3-9A9D5AAD388F@gmail.com%3E
showed that to add the shim to requirejs.config we need to contribute to Module
Manager AND put the non-AMD js to the assets folder instead of the module
folder. And it should work.

That's what i gather from the mailing list & other resources. There's no
official Tapestry Doc about shimming, But i think this would be a very
common thing. Since people usually go to github looking for some simple
javascript lib to use in their app. And most of those js file is non-AMD
and would require shimming.

Cheers

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.