Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io> on 2015/07/10 03:06:27 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.23.0 (rc3)

Hello Mesos community,

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Mesos 0.23.0.

0.23.0 includes the following:
- Per-container network isolation
- Dockerized slaves will properly recover Docker containers upon failover.
- Upgraded minimum required compilers to GCC 4.8+ or clang 3.5+.

as well as experimental support for:
- Fetcher Caching
- Revocable Resources
- SSL encryption
- Persistent Volumes
- Dynamic Reservations

The CHANGELOG for the release is available at:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG;hb=0.23.0-rc3

The candidate for Mesos 0.23.0 release is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/0.23.0-rc3/mesos-0.23.0.tar.gz

The tag to be voted on is 0.23.0-rc3:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=commit;h=0.23.0-rc3

The MD5 checksum of the tarball can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/0.23.0-rc3/mesos-0.23.0.tar.gz.md5

The signature of the tarball can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/mesos/0.23.0-rc3/mesos-0.23.0.tar.gz.asc

The PGP key used to sign the release is here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/mesos/KEYS

The JAR is up in Maven in a staging repository here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemesos-1060

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Mesos 0.23.0!

The vote is open until Thurs July 16th, 18:00 PDT 2015 and passes if a
majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Mesos 0.23.0

-Adam-

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.23.0 (rc3)

Posted by Marco Massenzio <ma...@mesosphere.io>.
Adam - thanks.
Please let me know soon as you push an rc4, if I'm still home, I can test
it against Ubuntu 14.04 with/without SSL, with/without sudo (or I can
always VPN in :)

Very minor doc update: https://reviews.apache.org/r/36532/
(feel free to ignore).

Thanks, everyone!

*Marco Massenzio*
*Distributed Systems Engineer*

Posted by Marco Massenzio <ma...@mesosphere.io>.
Adam - thanks.

Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.

Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.

Posted by Jeff Schroeder <je...@computer.org>.

--
Text by Jeff, typos by iPhone

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.23.0 (rc3)

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.

Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.