Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jean-François El Fouly <je...@elfouly.fr> on 2008/06/19 18:34:37 UTC

Include XSL-FO 1.1 features

We need a couple XSL:FO 1.1 features currently unimplemented in FOP;
specifically fo:retrieve-table-marker and one or two things like this.
We are considering adding them to FOP; don't hold your breath, I had a look
but I'm not quite sure I'll do that or how, but we consider doing it, that's
all I can say.

Before going any further, will 1.1 features be considered by the dev team
for inclusion in FOP trunk if ever we succeed in implementing them ?

Re: Include XSL-FO 1.1 features

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On Jun 19, 2008, at 20:05, Andreas Delmelle wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2008, at 18:34, Jean-François El Fouly wrote:

Jean-François (and other interested parties),

Just as a heads-up:

>> <snip />
>> Before going any further, will 1.1 features be considered by the
>> dev team
>> for inclusion in FOP trunk if ever we succeed in implementing them ?
>
> Definitely! In current FOP trunk, fo:retrieve-table-marker has been
> prepared to some extent (the FO-tree side is roughly OK)
>
> For the remainder, I can think of a few other features I was
> recently thinking of myself:
> - fo:folio-prefix / fo:folio-suffix (this I think to be the most
> straightforward to implement)

During the weekend, I already committed a change to Constants.java as
a very small first step.

In the meantime, I'm close to getting fo:folio-prefix and fo:folio-
suffix to work.

The rest remains open for now. Just thought I'd let this know, so we
don't work on the same things.

Cheers

Andreas

Re: Include XSL-FO 1.1 features

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On Jun 19, 2008, at 18:34, Jean-François El Fouly wrote:

Hi Jean-François

> We need a couple XSL:FO 1.1 features currently unimplemented in FOP;
> specifically fo:retrieve-table-marker and one or two things like this.
> We are considering adding them to FOP; don't hold your breath, I
> had a look
> but I'm not quite sure I'll do that or how, but we consider doing
> it, that's
> all I can say.
>
> Before going any further, will 1.1 features be considered by the
> dev team
> for inclusion in FOP trunk if ever we succeed in implementing them ?

Definitely! In current FOP trunk, fo:retrieve-table-marker has been
prepared to some extent (the FO-tree side is roughly OK)

For the remainder, I can think of a few other features I was recently
thinking of myself:
- fo:folio-prefix / fo:folio-suffix (this I think to be the most
straightforward to implement)
- fo:change-bar-begin / fo:change-bar-end (a bit more complicated)
- FOs for indexing

Any help in implementing those features will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Andreas