Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bryan Hilterbrand <Br...@bullwinkle.net> on 2002/09/03 23:42:55 UTC

html:form inside of frame

I'm using frames for my application, and it gets through the
myapp.SearchActions.initSearch()
method just fine, but it dies when it hits the <html:form> tag.  It doesn't
throw an exception,
and the frame is blank.  If I view the source, there is just the header
stuff.  I can get it to work
if I change the html:form tag to an HTML <form> tag.

Why doesn't this work with <html:form>?

Bryan

main.jsp:
    <frameset rows="200,*" border=0>
        <frame name="search" src="/myapp/search.do?method=initSearch"
scrolling=no>
        <frame name="list" src="blank.html">
    </frameset>
    <noframes></noframes>

search.jsp:
           [...]

struts-config.xml:
    <action   path="/search"
                  type="myapp.SearchActions"
                  parameter="method"
                  name="searchForm"
                  scope="session"
                  input="/jsp/search.jsp"
                  validate ="false">
                  <forward   name="Success" path="/jsp/search.jsp" />
                  <forward   name="Failure" path="/jsp/error.jsp" />
    </action>

Re: html:form inside of frame

Posted by Bryan Hilterbrand <Br...@bullwinkle.net>.
Thanks for the response, Brandon!

Everything was hooked up, and all I did was change my <html:form>
tag to a <form> tag, then everything worked.  If I had more time, I
would try to debug inside of Struts to see what is going on.

BTW: I forgot to include the form class definition in the
struts-config.xml, but it was in the project:

    <form-bean name="searchForm" type="myapp.SearchForm"/>

Bryan