Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Mandar Mangalvedhekar <mm...@us-south.net> on 2004/02/18 16:40:09 UTC

Problem using SMTPAppender

<http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=quote&p=38217
67>

Hi,
  I found this problem while using logger.error in exception block

JBoss 3.2.0
RedHat 8.0 / 9.0
Using log4j that is shipped with JBoss

I was using logger.error (that logs to a file and should send an email)
on exceptions.

The machine did NOT have connectivity to our mail server. What was
happening is the JBoss server used to hang for 3 minutes and 10 seconds
every time the exception occurred. All clients had to wait till this
time out expired.

The problem was resolved the moment I was able to connect to mail server
from that machine.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem ?

Thanks
Mandar