Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by sun yao <fo...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/01/27 03:39:44 UTC

PIP 28: Improve pulsar proxy log messages

Hi folks,
      Pulsar Proxy is almost a gateway for all pulsar requests, it would be helpful if it can record more details for the traffic, like source, target, session id, response time(different stage) for each request, even for message body.       I am proposing an improve for pulsar proxy, for more information :             PIP: https://github.com/apache/pulsar/wiki/PIP-28%3A-Improve-pulsar-proxy-log-messages                  Feel free to let me know any ideas or suggestions for this feature.          Thanks.

Re: PIP 28: Improve pulsar proxy log messages

Posted by sun yao <fo...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Dave,
     Noted, thanks for providing this so good name .
    On Thursday, January 31, 2019, 11:40:01 PM PST, Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> wrote:

 Hi Sun Yao,

When you started this thread writing that the proxy is almost like a gateway. You were correct. I think that what is wanted is for Proxies to usually be lightweight / highly performant, and optionally become a highly resilient Gateway.

Let’s call this new feature Gateway mode.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.