Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2009/12/11 14:20:50 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpClient 4.0.1 (GA) Released

HttpClient 4.0.1 is a bug fix release that addresses a number of issues
discovered since the previous stable release. None of the fixed bugs is
considered critical. Most notably this release eliminates eliminates
dependency on JCIP annotations.

This release is also expected to improve performance by 5 to 10% due to
elimination of unnecessary Log object lookups by short-lived components.

-------------------
Download -
<http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi>

Release notes -
<http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpclient/RELEASE_NOTES.txt>

HttpComponents site -
<http://hc.apache.org/>

Please note HttpClient 4.0 currently provides only limited support for
NTLM authentication. For details please refer to
<http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/ntlm.html>
-------------------

About Apache HttpClient

Although the java.net package provides basic functionality for accessing
resources via HTTP, it doesn't provide the full flexibility or
functionality needed by many applications. HttpClient seeks to fill this
void by providing an efficient, up-to-date, and feature-rich package
implementing the client side of the most recent HTTP standards and
recommendations.

Designed for extension while providing robust support for the base HTTP
protocol, HttpClient may be of interest to anyone building HTTP-aware
client applications such as web browsers, web service clients, or
systems that leverage or extend the HTTP protocol for distributed
communication.

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpClient 4.0.1 (GA) Released

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
2009/12/13 Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>:
> The point is , the underlying http request is still synchronous (
> correct me if I am wrong) . So there is some thread waiting somewhere
> either the httpclinet framework or the threadpool in solr.

Not if one uses async NIO (which I assume httpclient async uses, but I
don't know for sure).

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpClient 4.0.1 (GA) Released

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.

Noble Paul | Systems Architect| AOL | http://aol.com

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpClient 4.0.1 (GA) Released

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.

Posted by Uri Boness <ub...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
There are, in fact, updates to many of Solr's dependencies that we should consider.  I like the sound of 5-10% perf. improvement in HttpClient...

-Grant

On Dec 11, 2009, at 12:53 PM, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> FYI...
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
>> Date: December 11, 2009 2:20:50 PM GMT+01:00
>> To: announce@apache.org, private@hc.apache.org, dev@hc.apache.org,  httpclient-users@hc.apache.org
>> Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpClient 4.0.1 (GA) Released
>>
>> HttpClient 4.0.1 is a bug fix release that addresses a number of issues discovered since the previous stable release. None of the fixed bugs is considered critical. Most notably this release eliminates eliminates dependency on JCIP annotations.
>>
>> This release is also expected to improve performance by 5 to 10% due to elimination of unnecessary Log object lookups by short-lived components.
>>
>> -------------------
>> Download -
>> <http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi>
>>
>> Release notes -
>> <http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpclient/RELEASE_NOTES.txt>
>>
>> HttpComponents site -
>> <http://hc.apache.org/>
>>
>> Please note HttpClient 4.0 currently provides only limited support for
>> NTLM authentication. For details please refer to
>> <http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/ntlm.html>
>> -------------------
>>
>> About Apache HttpClient
>>
>> Although the java.net package provides basic functionality for accessing
>> resources via HTTP, it doesn't provide the full flexibility or
>> functionality needed by many applications. HttpClient seeks to fill this
>> void by providing an efficient, up-to-date, and feature-rich package
>> implementing the client side of the most recent HTTP standards and
>> recommendations.
>>
>> Designed for extension while providing robust support for the base HTTP
>> protocol, HttpClient may be of interest to anyone building HTTP-aware
>> client applications such as web browsers, web service clients, or
>> systems that leverage or extend the HTTP protocol for distributed
>> communication.

Grant Ingersoll

Fwd: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpClient 4.0.1 (GA) Released

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
FYI...