Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/25 15:48:04 UTC

Problem with downloading dependencies during plugin installation

Hi,

I am trying to install a plugin which has a dependency on "commonj/sdo-
api-r2.1/1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/jar".  During the stage at which the
depedency jar are downloaded, I see the following:

Searching for commonj/sdo-api-r2.1/1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/jar at
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository
Downloading commonj/sdo-api-r2.1/1.0-incubating-beta1/jar...

Notice that the version it is supposed to download (this is the same version
specified in geronimo-plugin.xml) and the one it is actually downloading are
different.

The plugin is failing to start and is throwing an exception with "reason:
Unable to resolve dependency commonj/sdo-api-r2.1
/1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/jar".

Any ideas on what could be wrong?  Any work-around/fix for this?

Thanks,
Vamsi

Re: Problem with downloading dependencies during plugin installation

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Can you figure out all the repositories geronimo knows about and all
the geronimo-plugins.xml files it might be looking at and attach the
geronimo-plugins.xml files to the jira?

IIUC the file you are looking for is supposed to be in the apache
snapshot repo not the apache incubator repo?  What are all the files
that sort of match what you are looking for that geronimo can "see"?

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Yep, please open a JIRA for this....