Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2006/03/30 16:15:15 UTC

URGENT: release Maven 2.0.4

Hi,

I'd like to determine what the best course of action is, so figured we
should take a straw poll.

Maven 2.0.3 contained a major regression, that caused certain paths to
incorrectly be interpolated in the POM (MNG-2183).

I have fixed it, and also a regression since 2.0 (MNG-2054). I have
updated the tests to reflect the changes.

We have the following options:
a) let Maven 2.0.3 sit a little longer and see if any more problems
arise, then roll a Maven 2.0.4 with full release candidate cycle

b) do a full release candidate cycle for 2.0.4 immediately. This would
be in anticipation of a release in 72 hours. We pull 2.0.3 off the
/dist/ site and download page in the mean time, as an unsupported release.

c) we hold a vote, as much testing as possible, and as soon as 3 binding
votes are cast cut the release.

I'm actually in favour of (c). I don't like rushed releases, but I'm
very confident of the changes I've made (one fix was carefully studied
and I reproduced the original behaviour without reverting the good part
of the fix, and the second fix was purely reverted). As it stands, the
longer this sits the more confusion that will result IMO.

- Brett

RE: URGENT: release Maven 2.0.4

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
You might also be interested by http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2184. It
would be good to confirm if this is indeed a bug and if so possibly make it
part of 2.0.4. Not sure of the importance compared to other things; I just
know that it's a major issue for the clover plugin that is currently
preventing any further release...

Thanks
-Vincent