Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Vetle Roeim <ve...@opera.com> on 2006/06/06 12:24:20 UTC

Hadoop 0.3.0

Hi,

I see Hadoop 0.3.0 is available for download, but there's been no
announcement on this list or on the Hadoop web pages? I'm just wondering
if there's any upgrade procedure, or if it's simply a matter of using the
new code with the data already in place...

Vetle Roeim
Opera - Stand out from the crowd - <URL: http://www.opera.com/ >

Re: Hadoop 0.3.0

Posted by Vetle Roeim <ve...@opera.com>.
On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 02:05:59 +0200, Owen O'Malley <ow...@yahoo-inc.com>
wrote:

> On Jun 6, 2006, at 3:24 AM, Vetle Roeim wrote:
>
>> I see Hadoop 0.3.0 is available for download, but there's been no
>> announcement on this list or on the Hadoop web pages? I'm just
>> wondering if there's any upgrade procedure, or if it's simply a matter
>> of using the new code with the data already in place...
>
> Hadoop 0.3.0 was not stable, so there was no release announcement. We
> have been having problems with this release, so holding off a few days
> until things have been tested for a while would be wise.

Ok, thanks.

RE: Hadoop 0.3.0

Posted by Yoram Arnon <ya...@yahoo-inc.com>.
We've upgraded two separate clusters to version 0.3 and both exhibited data
loss in the dfs.
We're investigating the root cause, but until then, I recommend avoiding an
upgrade.
If you must upgrade, back up your data first...

Yoram

Re: Hadoop 0.3.0

Posted by Owen O'Malley <ow...@yahoo-inc.com>.