Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Brent Bain <Br...@marketlive.com> on 2005/01/19 22:05:42 UTC

Zip Task w/ Empty Folders

Hello:

I'm scratching my head over this one.  I need to have the zip file that I'm
going to deploy include all the empty folders that the build creates.  I
have tried manually setting the 'filesonly=false' attribute but that still
did not create the zip file with the empty folders.

Now I can place a blank file in the folder but it would be nice to not have
to worry about this.  If there is another work around can someone let me
know?  I'm using Ant 1.6.2

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Brent

RE: Zip Task w/ Empty Folders

Posted by Charles Daniels <cj...@yahoo.com>.
Are you sure the empty folders are not zipped?  When you view the zip
file with WinZip, you won't actually see the entries for empty folders.
I was fooled by this as well, until I unzipped the file to a clean
location and saw that the empty directories were created even though I
couldn't see them in the zip file.