Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com> on 2009/01/14 18:42:17 UTC

Re: Jackrabbit Full Text Search

(I put the jackrabbit users list on cc as I always share my answers)

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Gustavo Guevara <g....@i-deal.hu> wrote:
> Now with the information that you have given me regarding JCR's path
> stability problems with same-name siblings

The path instability comes from the fact that the index of a SNS is
assigned dynamically. Image you have 3 SNS /content/foobar and the
second one is removed. The third, which had the path
/content/foobar[3] before, now gets the path /content/foobar[2] as the
result of a change outside of that node. If you store paths somewhere
else, this quickly becomes annoying.

> I am now trying to find a
> different way to model my custom node structure. Could you please give me
> some advice so I can avoid the same-name siblings while still being able to
> store as many contracts as I want?

Try to find a meaningful name for each node instead of the generic
name "contractTest", for example based on the title of the contract.
That also makes exploring the repository much simpler for developers
or even users, if you have some kind of 1:1 mapping to the UI.

If there is no obvious name, a good "default" is to use dates (because
most content has at least one date assigned) and order stuff in nested
folders, such as "2009/01/09".

You might also want to look at http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DavidsModel

Regards,
Alex