Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Christopher R Newman <ch...@alcatel.com> on 2004/07/07 23:49:25 UTC

trying to get latest FOP with RTF output

I'm not sure how to get a hold of the latest dev. version of FOP.  I
downloaded CVS on WinXP and tried to log in using the command from the
Apache site: cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
login.  I got a network unreachable error so it might be the company
firewall.  Is there another way to get it?

I would appreciate any help I can get.

P.S.  Sorry if this is off topic, but I didn't see a mailing list for
CVS problems.

Re: trying to get latest FOP with RTF output

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
If you're not familiar with Java, then you should probably not use the
latest code for now. FOP 0.20.5 is still more advanced in many aspects
than the code you've just downloaded.

Before you can run FOP you have to compile it. The fop.bat is not
generated during compilation and the snapshot only contains the sources.
That's why you get the NoClassDefFoundError.

On 09.07.2004 15:51:23 Chris wrote:
> Thanks Jeremias.  Now I have the latest code but I can't seem to run it
> (not familiar with Java).  What does the "Exception in thread "main"
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/fop/apps/Fop" mean?  I
> unzipped xml-fop_20040709104525.tar.gz on WinXP and tried to run fop.bat
> like the latest release that I downloaded.  I didn't compile it because
> it already had a fop.bat, but if I need to how do I go about doing
> that?  I have Java 2 version 1.4.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: trying to get latest FOP with RTF output

Posted by Chris <ch...@alcatel.com>.
Thanks Jeremias.  Now I have the latest code but I can't seem to run it
(not familiar with Java).  What does the "Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/fop/apps/Fop" mean?  I
unzipped xml-fop_20040709104525.tar.gz on WinXP and tried to run fop.bat
like the latest release that I downloaded.  I didn't compile it because
it already had a fop.bat, but if I need to how do I go about doing
that?  I have Java 2 version 1.4.

Thanks again for your help,
Chris

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Try the directory with the nightly CVS snapshots:
http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/xml-fop/

On 07.07.2004 23:49:25 Christopher R Newman wrote:
> I'm not sure how to get a hold of the latest dev. version of FOP.  I
> downloaded CVS on WinXP and tried to log in using the command from the
> Apache site: cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
> login.  I got a network unreachable error so it might be the company
> firewall.  Is there another way to get it?
>
> I would appreciate any help I can get.
>
> P.S.  Sorry if this is off topic, but I didn't see a mailing list for
> CVS problems.

Jeremias Maerki