Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Zsolt Koppany <zk...@web.de> on 2002/07/26 11:21:32 UTC

Can tomcat search for several jsp files for a given URL?

Hi,

can I configure tomcat that it tries to search for several files when I
specify an URL?
What I mean: I define an URL http://localhost/...abc.jsp and if for example
the file abc.jsp.xy exists, tomcat should take that file instead of abc.jsp,
but if the file does not exist, the normal abc.jsp should be taken?

Zsolt

Re: Can tomcat search for several jsp files for a given URL?

Posted by Peter Johnson <pe...@codewizards.net>.
You could code that. Check for the file and if it exists use
<jsp:forward ...>

but hey I am only new at this so there is probably and easier way.

Peter