Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jaynika Barot <ja...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/25 17:02:46 UTC

Tomcat filter to overwrite the requestURL of incoming httprequest object

hi all,

I want to write a filter which will overwrite the request URL in
incoming httprequest.

if incoming request's URI contains *./myservletName/extra1/extra2.*

I want to reset it to *./myservletName?param1=extra1&param2=extra2 and
pass this request object to subsequent processing (filter chain).

Is it possible to do?? If so how?

thx,
Jaynika

Re: Tomcat filter to overwrite the requestURL of incoming httprequest object

Posted by Martin Bromley <ma...@sustainable-energy.co.uk>.
You have to wrap the HttpServletRequest with a class that overrides the methods relating to the URI.  I've attached an abstract class that I wrote to make this a bit easier.

You will have to implement the rewriteURL method to do the necessary String parsing.

Then in your filter doFilter:

chain.doFilter(new WrappedRequest(request), response);

(assuming you've written WrappedRequest - that extends the abstract class I've attached).

Good luck.
Martin

PS You're question actually has nothing to do with Tomcat specifically...