Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by osishkin osishkin <os...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/26 12:58:28 UTC

Cassandra Munin plugin problem

Hi,

I'm trying to use Munin to monitor cassandra.
I've seen other people using munin here ,so I hope someone ran into
this problem.
The default plugins are working, so this is definitely a problem with
the cassandra plugin.

I keep getting errors such as :
javax.management.remote.JMXConnector
   at org.munin.JMXQuery.disconnect(Unknown Source)
   at org.munin.JMXQuery.main(Unknown Source)
Plugin "compactions_bytes" exited with status 256. ----
javax.management.ObjectName
   at org.munin.Configuration$FieldProperties.set(Unknown Source)
   at org.munin.Configuration.parseString(Unknown Source)
   at org.munin.Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
   at org.munin.JMXQuery.main(Unknown Source)
Plugin "jvm_memory" exited with status 256. ----

However when I call the plugin directly from my console (from
/etc/munin/plugins) it works. So there must be something very basic
I'm missing here.
I'm using RHEL 5 with IBM jre 1.6.

Anyone encountered a similar problem?
I appologize for writing on an issue that's not purely cassandra here.
Thank you