Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by da...@ontrenet.com on 2011/11/18 14:36:26 UTC

NewSolrCloud/ES Comparison

Hi,
  I know its too early for this given that the NewSolrCloud for Solr 4 is
still in development, but what is interesting for those of us anxiously
awaiting NewSolrCloud 4 is to understand how it compares to existing
cloud-like search such as ElasticSearch (which I only recently learned
about).

I use Solr in my project and am hoping to gain some of the distributed
features mention in ES with Solr.

Does anyone know what the similarities/differences might be?

Many thanks,
Darren