Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Pagano, Michael" <Mi...@medco.com> on 2009/04/27 15:14:27 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache and mod_proxy to tomcat

I have this:

F5 Load Balancer -> One Apache server(mod_proxy) -> Confluence Wiki
(wikiserver) running on tomcat

On Apache, I'm using mod_proxy to load balance the wiki.

User's go through the load balancer to the Wiki with
http://www.example.com/wiki

With "ProxyPreserveHost On", the url stays as
http://www.example.com/wiki but certain files, (css and others) cannot
be found and the log looks like this:

1.2.3.4 - - [24/Apr/2009:18:31:26 -0400] "GET
/confluence/s/1419/15/1.0/_/download/resources/confluence.web.resources:
master-styles/wiki-content.css HTTP/1.1" 404 2359

1.2.3.4 - - [24/Apr/2009:18:31:27 -0400] "GET
/confluence/s/1419/15/1.0/_/download/resources/confluence.web.resources:
jquery/jquery.js HTTP/1.1" 404 2359

If I change the config too "ProxyPreserveHost Off", the url changes to
wikiserver:8080, and all the files are found.

I would like to preserve the URL, but have all the files found, of
course.

Here are my settings:

ProxyRequests Off
#ProxyPreserveHost On

<Proxy balancer://wikicluster>
        BalancerMember http://wikiserver:8080/confluence
</Proxy>

ProxyPass /confluence balancer://wikicluster/

Is there a way to preserve hosts but make sure all of the files get
found?

This e-mail message and any attachments contain confidential
information from Medco. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that disclosure, printing, copying,
distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the
contents of this electronic information is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail message in error, please immediately
notify the sender by reply message and then delete the electronic
message and any attachments.