Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Faine, Mark" <Ma...@msfc.nasa.gov> on 2004/03/11 14:38:29 UTC

Question on the packaging of tag libraries

Tomcat 4.1.27 on Solaris 8

I'm looking at centralizing our tag libraries that our used by several web
applications.  Unfortunately the way one of our vendors packages their
taglibs is not very portable.  I know class files for taglibs can (and
should) go in a jar file and be loaded by the web app from a lib directory
but what about tlds can they also be placed in some central location and
loaded by every web application instead of having to maintain them in each
web application individually.

Thanks,
-Mark