Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Debmalya Jash <de...@techmahindra.com> on 2006/07/03 08:01:40 UTC

Problem in exporting CLOB type field

Hello All,

While trying to export from Vendor entity I am getting following error

Results:

[1] [xxx] Error when writing Vendor:
org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing
the following:SELECT DISTINCT PARTY_ID, MANIFEST_COMPANY_NAME,
MANIFEST_COMPANY_TITLE, MANIFEST_LOGO_URL, MANIFEST_POLICIES,
LAST_UPDATED_STAMP, LAST_UPDATED_TX_STAMP, CREATED_STAMP, CREATED_TX_STAMP
FROM ofbiz.VENDOR ORDER BY PARTY_ID ASC (ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes:
expected - got CLOB )

I am using Oracle 9i. The above error is common for the entities which has
CLOB type field.

Please advise

-          thanks & regards,

-          debmalya jash

Tech Mahindra, formerly Mahindra-British Telecom.

Disclaimer:

The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are privileged and confidential material of Tech Mahindra and should not be disclosed to, used by or copied in any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s). In case you are not the desired addressee, you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to the sender. The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of Tech Mahindra.

This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be free of any virus. However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and Tech Mahindra is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

Re: Problem in exporting CLOB type field

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
Which JDBC driver are you using?

Older Oracle JDBC drivers did not implement the full spec, especially for CLOBs and BLOBs. You may need a third party JDBC driver.

-David