Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> on 2002/02/19 15:03:28 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine-stratum/xdocs IndexedDiskAuxCache.xml LateralTCPAuxCache.xml LocalCacheConfig.xml RemoteAuxCache.xml

On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 07:16, Pete Kazmier wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 07:12:00AM -0500, Pete Kazmier wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 11:54:38PM -0500, Aaron Smuts wrote:
> > > How do you get javadocs on the site?
> >
> > Not quite sure what exactly you are asking, but, when you add a doc, you
> > need to provide a link to it on the project.xml page (located in xdocs
> > directory).  That page defines the left-hand side navbar content.  Then,
> > someone we have to request that someone rebuilds the turbine portion of
> > the site so it actually is pushed out to the public web server.  Not
> > sure if this answered your question.
>
> Oops, its a little early in the morning, I didn't read your question
> correctly, as far as javadocs go, I'm not quite sure how the turbine
> guys do that or feel about that.  Most of the javadocs for the other
> projects are missing on the web site.  I'm not sure if that is by
> design.  Can anyone comment?

For the newer Turbine projects we are generating the html on our
machines and using scp to copy the doc up to the www.apache.org site. We
will do the same with the javadocs.

I have found some java ssh code that I would like to use to try and make
a portable scp for moving the docs around, but if you look in the cactus
build file vincent has a target that simply uses scp from the command
line to move all the docs up to the site.

Just as we have released versions of products, we should probably have a
released version of docs. Cactus and Struts do this I believe. They have
links to the most current docs which are changing and they have link to
docs that correspond to released version as it's probably pretty easy
for there to be slight diffs between releases and HEAD.

I haven't lifted Vincent target out of the cactus build file but we can
definitely use that in conjunction with the docs being generated on a
regular basis: javadocs and xdocs.
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> writes:

> On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 22:12, Daniel Rall wrote:
> > Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> writes:
>>
>> > I have found some java ssh code that I would like to use to try and make
>> > a portable scp for moving the docs around, but if you look in the cactus
>> > build file vincent has a target that simply uses scp from the command
>> > line to move all the docs up to the site.
>>
>> Jason, it sounds cool but be careful w/ the export restrictions on the
>> JARs containing that code.
>
> Will do. It's the cryptix code which looks fine. I'm positive someone
> will tell me if it isn't :-)

No, that's not what I mean (and the license on the Cryptix code *is*
just fine).  I'm referring to generic strong crypto export
restrictions, where export from the US must be blocked to certain
countries (which is non-trivial to do).  The work-around for this is
to generally to have the download site be non-US (perhaps still a
little questionable).

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 22:12, Daniel Rall wrote:
> Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> writes:
>
> > I have found some java ssh code that I would like to use to try and make
> > a portable scp for moving the docs around, but if you look in the cactus
> > build file vincent has a target that simply uses scp from the command
> > line to move all the docs up to the site.
>
> Jason, it sounds cool but be careful w/ the export restrictions on the
> JARs containing that code.

Will do. It's the cryptix code which looks fine. I'm positive someone
will tell me if it isn't :-)

> - Dan

jvz.

Jason van Zyl