Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Buttler, David" <bu...@llnl.gov> on 2012/08/22 21:14:05 UTC

Cloud assigning incorrect port to shards

Hi,
I have set up a Solr 4 beta cloud cluster.  I have uploaded a config directory, and linked it with a configuration name.

I have started two solr on two computers and added a couple of shards using the Core Admin function on the admin page.

When I go to the admin cloud view, the shards all have the computer name and port attached to them.  BUT, the port is the default port (8983), and not the port that I assigned on the command line.  I can still connect to the correct port, and not the reported port.  I anticipate that this will lead to errors when I get to doing distributed query, as zookeeper seems to be collecting incorrect information.

Any thoughts as to why the incorrect port is being stored in zookeeper?

Thanks,
Dave

RE: Cloud assigning incorrect port to shards

Posted by "Buttler, David" <bu...@llnl.gov>.
I think the issue was that I didn't have a solr.xml in the solr home.  I was a little confused by the example directory because there are actually 5 solr.xml files
% find . -name solr.xml
./multicore/solr.xml
./example-DIH/solr/solr.xml
./exampledocs/solr.xml
./contexts/solr.xml
./solr/solr.xml

Creating my own jetty installation directory without the example instances led to me deleting the solr/solr.xml file.

I have now created a new solr home and set up a solr.xml file there, and things look much better.

Thanks for the feedback,
Dave

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Buttler, David" <bu...@llnl.gov>.