Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Mark Fortner <ph...@mindspring.com> on 2004/01/13 15:04:21 UTC

XIncludes

I still haven't been able to get XIncludes to work in document and
site.xml files.  Does anyone have a working example of this that they
can send me.  We've got project-related information in JIRA that we're
trying to include in our documentation, but I can't seem to get the
include's to work properly.

Thanks,

Mark Fortner

Re: XIncludes

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Mark Fortner wrote:
> I still haven't been able to get XIncludes to work in document and
> site.xml files.  Does anyone have a working example of this that they
> can send me.  We've got project-related information in JIRA that we're
> trying to include in our documentation, but I can't seem to get the
> include's to work properly.

The stuff below works for me. Check you have the namespace in the
document tag. If you still can't get it working send the code you are
using (sorry if you already did this I've been away and may have missed
your mail)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE document PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Documentation V1.2//EN"
"document-v12.dtd">
<document xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">
   <header>
     <title>ECommerce Course - Session Tracking</title>
   </header>

<snip what="normal content"/>

     <section>
       <title>Cookies (and JavaScript)</title>
       <xi:include
href="/course/javascript/cookies.xml#xpointer(//body/*)"/>
     </section>

<snip what="normal content"/>

<document>

Ross