Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrew Bruno <an...@xenon.com.au> on 2001/10/15 08:10:32 UTC

WINDOWS NT/2000, IIS and TOMCAT 4.01

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone could direct me to any documentation that
describes how to setup TOMCAT 4.0.1 with IIS on port 80, and with an NT
service?

I found links, and pages, but they seem out of date, or only for Tomcat
3.x.x.  For example, are these still valid for tomcat 4.0.1?

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/tomcat-iis-howto.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.2.3/bin/win32
/i386/

Many thanks,

Andrew

----
Andrew Bruno
Vacodi IT Solutions
----

Re: WINDOWS NT/2000, IIS and TOMCAT 4.01

Posted by David Treves <dw...@macam.ac.il>.
I am not quite sure about that... the instructions there discuss some files
that do not exist in the 4 version (such as worker properties file)

I will check the 4.01 as well...   :o)

Thanks!
David.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <rm...@home.com>.
> Hi Andrew,
>
> it looks like no one knows the answer for that (I posted two days ago the
> same question). If you do find the answer of how to set Tomcat 4 as an
> "in-process" on IIS 5, please share it with me...   :o)
>
> Have a nice day!  :o)
> David.
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am wondering if anyone could direct me to any documentation that
> > describes how to setup TOMCAT 4.0.1 with IIS on port 80, and with an NT
> > service?
> >
> > I found links, and pages, but they seem out of date, or only for Tomcat
> > 3.x.x.  For example, are these still valid for tomcat 4.0.1?
> >
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/tomcat-iis-howto.html
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.2.3/bin/win32
> > /i386/

Tomcat 4.0.1 includes AJP 1.3 support (see the release notes to learn how to

Posted by Etienne Baert <eb...@sps.be>.
Andrew, David,

there is no IIS connector for tomcat 4 available yet.
I do not have any idea on when it will be available nor
on whom is responsible of its development.

So up to now, better is to use tomcat 4 standalone
or integrated with apache ...

Regards,
Etienne Baert