Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jonathan Miller <jm...@optensity.com> on 2014/03/17 19:43:01 UTC

Writing Bytes Directly to Distributed Cache?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone might know of a way to write bytes directly to the
distributed cache.  I know I can call job.addCacheFile(URI uri), but in my
case the file I wish to add to the cache is in memory and is job specific.
I would prefer not writing it to a location that I have to then manage the
cleanup of post job execution simply to get it into the cache.  If I cannot
use the distributed cache to do this, is there another way I could
accomplish the same thing using m/r¹s cleanup logic?

Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Thanks!