Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/11 21:38:31 UTC

Remote repository with self signed cert

Hi all,
  I have a repository that is DAV compatible.  I can upload to it, as well
as download from an http client.  Only the upload requires a password.
However whenever I try to perform a build that requires me to download an
artifact I receive the following stacktrace.  If I go to the repo with my
browser (firefox), the artifacts are located exactly where they should be.
The repository uses a self signed certificate, however I have installed the
certificate into my keystore with the "keytool" command.  I can successfully
release/deploy to the repository, but I can't download the released
artifacts on another machine, or my own if I delete the built artifacts from
my local repo.  Is this possibly an issue with the self signed cert?  Below
is my stack trace, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd

from the specified remote repositories:
  bnp-repo (https://projects.bnpmedia.com/repository/)
 for project com.bnpmedia.standards:config
    at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepository(
DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:571)
    at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(
DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1255)
    ... 17 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactNotFoundException:
Unable to download the artifact from any repository

  com.bnpmedia.standards:config:pom:1.0.0

from the specified remote repositories:
  bnp-repo (https://projects.bnpmedia.com/repository/)

    at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(
DefaultArtifactResolver.java:206)
    at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(
DefaultArtifactResolver.java:73)
    at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepository(
DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:524)
    ... 18 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.ResourceDoesNotExistException: Unable to
download the artifact from any repository
    at org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getArtifact(
DefaultWagonManager.java:324)
    at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(
DefaultArtifactResolver.java:194)
    ... 20 more

Re: Remote repository with self signed cert

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Does running with mvn -X tell you any more details than what we're seeing here?

Wayne

Posted by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the info.  I've actually already performed those steps, its what
I did to import the certificate in order to get the dav deployment to work
with a self signed cert.  It turns out that this was a routing issue with
the VPN routing.  Its since been fixed.  Thanks to everyone for all the help
you've provided.

Posted by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com>.
But that's the wagon that works.  Its when maven attempts to download the
dependencies via an https:// (non-dav) connection it pukes.

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@jeffmaury.com>.

Posted by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@jeffmaury.com>.