Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Irving Salisbury III <ir...@dotech.com> on 2003/08/19 04:22:13 UTC

SQL Connection issue

We have a database that is not always under our control.  So, our cocoon
instance often runs longer than the database.  However, it looks like
the implementation inside the SQLTransformer does not try to reconnect
when the database connection is lost.  So, when our database goes down
and comes back up, it does not try to reconnect.  I looked in the code,
and it looks like if we caught the IOException that took place, we could
let the DataSourceComponent know to reconnect.  However, I don't know
the proper way to do this.  Any advice on dealing with this issue?

Thanks,

Irv