Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com> on 2003/05/06 04:45:51 UTC

FOP javadocs

maintenance branches of FOP are now available from the "API Doc" menu item
on the "Development" tab of the web site, or directly here:
http://xml.apache.org/fop/dev/api-doc.html

Victor Mote

Re: FOP javadocs

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
On 06.05.2003 08:22:14 Victor Mote wrote:
> Peter B. West wrote:
>
> > For reasons relaed to my own approach to design and code documentation,
> > I would like to see us, at some time in the future, follow the lead of
> > Poi, and publish the complete source tree as HTML.  See
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/javadocs/javasrc/
>
> That's pretty cool. Is it substantially better than this?
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop
> (already available from our Development tab, under ViewCVS). I guess if you
> use all of the cross-referencing stuff, it might be. I use my IDE for most
> of that.
>
> Another issue: poi isn't using Forrest. How would this integrate with
> Forrest? How does poi go about building this? If you can do it through gump
> or cron, or better yet get Cocoon to build it on the fly, i.e no manual
> intervention, then that will work best. I don't see javasrc on jakarta's
> site -- who owns it now?

Over at Krysalis we use Krysalis Centipede for the job. POI seems to use
it, too. Centipede has "Cents" for a lot of tasks: Forrest, Checkstyle,
Javasrc, Javadoc, etc. etc.

http://www.krysalis.org/centipede

Javasrc is http://sourceforge.net/projects/javasrc/, I believe.

Jeremias Maerki

RE: FOP javadocs

Posted by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com>.

Re: FOP javadocs

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
Victor et al,

For reasons relaed to my own approach to design and code documentation,
I would like to see us, at some time in the future, follow the lead of
Poi, and publish the complete source tree as HTML.  See
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/javadocs/javasrc/

Nicola was heavily involved in this, as the Javasrc code was orginally
to be part of Alexandria.  Opinions?

Peter

--
Peter B. West  pbwest@powerup.com.au  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/