Posted to kandula-dev@ws.apache.org by Jack Wang <pi...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/09 03:11:51 UTC

Re: XADataSource error in tomcat 5.5 with MySQL 5.1

--- lichtner <li...@bway.net>写道:

--- "Christopher G. Stach II" <cg...@ldsys.net>写道:
> Jack Wang wrote:
> > I can get connect from Resource configured in tomcat with type="javax.sql.DataSource". But the
> > project needs the XADataSource, so I configure the XADataSource in tomcat's server.xml with
> You need to use mysql-connector-java-5.0.0-beta's
> com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlXADataSource with a MySQL 5.0 server,
> or the far less desirable XAPool for fake XA.

I have used mysql-connector-java-5.0.0-beta, but I still have the null XADataSource xaDs from the
java action.
Here is the server.xml in tomcat:

<Resource name="jdbc/myXADB" auth="Container"
  type="javax.sql.XADataSource"
  factory="com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSourceFactory"
  driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
  user="root"
  password="password"
  url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/test?useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=gbk"
/>

And the is my action:

Context ctx = new InitialContext();
XADataSource xaDs = (XADataSource)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/myXADB");
// Here get the null xaDs, Oops !!

My environment is :
 JDK 1.5
 Tomcat 5.5
 MySQL: 5.0.18-win32
 Connector/J 5.0 beta

I have checked mysql-connector-java-5.0.0-beta changes. The 11-04-05 - Version 5.0.0-beta
- XADataSource implemented (ported from 3.2 branch which won't be
  released as a product).
  Use "com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlXADataSource" as your datasource
  class name in your application server to utilize XA transactions
  in MySQL-5.0.10 and newer.

So, what's the wrong ? Please help. Thanks.

Wang Jun