Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Alvin Anwar <al...@secureage.com> on 2006/04/06 11:06:10 UTC

Support for files with non-English characters

Hi all,

Just for curiousity, does Slide currently support file(s) and folder(s) with
non-English characters (like Chinese characters)? If not, is there any
particular section I shd be looking at, just in order to support it?

Regards, Alvin

Re: Support for files with non-English characters

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
It does, with quite relative success.

First of all, you have to understand slide is assuming UTF-8 encoding of
uri, as webdav is an http extension. But not all webdav client are using
it. As a result, non us-ascii characters often show problems on those
client. However with good client, it should support it :) (and yet you
have to play a bit with container about uri encoding / decoding)

Posted by Lixin Chu <li...@gmail.com>.