Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/29 22:56:29 UTC

Should we consider dropping Windows support?

Triggered by this:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-battery-status/pull/82

I am now wondering if there is any more need for us to continue Windows
platform support, now that both the major backer and VS 2019 support are
gone?

I think it is self-evident that our maintainer resources are extremely
limited, with very limited corporate backing, which would demotivate me
from supporting this platform.

Re: Should we consider dropping Windows support?

Posted by Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org>.
I think we should consider the Cordova CLI telemetry to see how many users actually use the Windows platform. Sombody with experience with the data gathered should find a percentage there.

Personally for me I never used the Windows platform or touched it even a little bit because I lack knowledge and a development environment. I would support dropping it.