Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Muffett <ma...@its-axiom.com> on 2001/06/28 12:53:38 UTC

User login logging (JDBC authentication)

Any ideas how best to log succesful (or unsuccesful) logins via JDBC authentication.  The big problem is that the user may have bookmarked any one of a number of protected pages, and it isn't practical to put code on each of them.

Any help would be appreciated

Mark Muffett

Re: User login logging (JDBC authentication)

Posted by Antony Bowesman <ad...@teamware.com>.
Mark,

> Antony
>
> Many thanks for the suggestion, but where can I find this - I've looked
> through the jar files in the common and container directories of
> $TOMCAT_HOME/lib, but nothing stands out.  Maybe I've missed it?
>
> Any help appreciated.

Perhaps I should have elucidated a little more...

I'm assuming you have configured JDBCRealm as your interceptor in
conf/server.xml and we are talking about tomcat 3.x.  The JDBCRealm is
part of webserver.jar.  You can either modify the source of
JDBCRealm.java which is (org.apache.tomcat.request.JDBCRealm) to
implement your own specific logging or set the debug level of the
JDBCRealm to 2 or greater.  At least the existing JDBCRealm with tomcat
3.2.2 supports logging success and failures by setting the debug level
to 2 or greater.  If you want to implement your own then modify the
source, rebuild the class and add it to the $TOMCAT_HOME/classes

HTH.
Antony

--
Antony Bowesman
Teamware Group

Re: User login logging (JDBC authentication)

Posted by Mark Muffett <ma...@its-axiom.com>.
Sorry! - found it now (in tomcat_modules.jar).

Mark

Posted by Antony Bowesman <ad...@teamware.com>.