Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Sybrandy, Casey" <Ca...@Six3Systems.com> on 2012/02/15 23:37:46 UTC

Large message causing a MessageSizeTooLargeException

Hello,

I have a weird bug that I'm trying to figure out.  I'm trying to send a 30+ MB message through Kafka, but it keeps giving me a MessageSizeTooLargeException.  I did change the max.message.size property on the producer to be 50MB (50 * 1024 * 1024).  Is there something I'm missing?  The consumer is also set to accept messages up to the same size.

Kafka 0.6.0

Thanks.

Casey

RE: Large message causing a MessageSizeTooLargeException

Posted by "Sybrandy, Casey" <Ca...@Six3Systems.com>.
Nevermind.  I just realized when I started stripping my pom.xml to the bare necessities that I forgot to upgrade the Kafka client.  Before, I only started the updated server.  Now I'm getting other errors, but these appear to be with Zookeeper and potentially memory.

Thanks for your help.

Casey
Posted by "Sybrandy, Casey" <Ca...@Six3Systems.com>.
Neha,

No problem.  I'll see what I can package together.

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Casey,

Posted by "Sybrandy, Casey" <Ca...@Six3Systems.com>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.