Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/01 06:12:44 UTC

Re: ARI, Atom Reference Implementation [Proposal]

On 5/25/06, Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:
> Nick Lothian wrote:
>
> > There's also Jakarta FeedParser, which has an Atom parser.
>
> > Also the ROME project (http://rome.dev.java.net/) has been debating
> > requesting incubation at Apache for quite a long time. We've got an
> > Atom parser, too.
>
> IIRC, FeedParser is languishing for need of a community.

It really ought to just be dead. Kevin (original coder) decided to
fork it externally so he wouldn't be tied up by our focus on not
having single coder codebases (if I understand things correctly).
There wasn't any interest in FeedParser in Commons, so he was getting
increasingly held back in the sandbox and unable to get a release etc.

Hen

Re: ARI, Atom Reference Implementation [Proposal]

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
> > IIRC, FeedParser is languishing for need of a community.
>
> It really ought to just be dead. Kevin (original coder) decided to
> fork it externally so he wouldn't be tied up by our focus on not
> having single coder codebases (if I understand things correctly).
> There wasn't any interest in FeedParser in Commons, so he was getting
> increasingly held back in the sandbox and unable to get a release etc.

Don't really understand why ...just had a brief look lately - looked quite cool.
I think it's kind of sad this happened.

Do you know where the fork is?

cheers
--