Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2009/02/19 21:08:44 UTC

POM Questions

Hi Mark;

In the webbeans-impl *pom*, I have tackled on some points;

* There are two *reporting* sections. One is under the *profile* element, and the other one is *reporting* element. Is it duplicate of each other?
* There is a  <!-- invoke the integration tests under src/it --> part, how is it used ? Maybe you explained it but I miss it.

Thanks;

/Gurkan

AW: POM Questions

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
haha, good questions ;)

1.) This is a bit tricky *gg*

The profile part has the following lines:
<activation>
   <property>
       <name>skipReports</name>
       <value>!true</value>
   </property>
</activation>

so this is ment for speeding up the site build.

If you use
mvn clean site -PskipReports
then the build will be faster.

2.) running integration tests (IT)
the maven-invoker-plugin will run all maven builds under src/it with the freshly built openwebbeans-impl if you do a mvn install.
So whenever you need to test different environment setups, like e.g. different classloader settings etc, then you simply can write another pom.xml as integration test, and it will automatically be executed (including all it's tests!).

The only IT currently implemented is the one which tests the different settings for the SPI configuration. I wont be able to test this in our standard tests environment without ruining other tests - this is why it is an IT.

LieGrue,
strub