Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gregory Nickonov <Gr...@actis.ru> on 2000/04/08 16:40:02 UTC

Windows-1251 encoding

Hi,

I have problems with windows-1251 encoding. Every time I've tried to use it
in <?xml...> header I've got an exception from Xerces saying that this
encoding is not supported. If I try to set UTF-8 it starts complaining to
russian characters inside attribute value. KOI8-R stops complains, but
instead of russia letters I see a lot of questionmarks. So the questions are
- how to solve this problem? Is this cocoon or xerces bug/feature? We really
like this products, but we can't use it without windows-1251 encoding.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows-1251 encoding

Posted by Dmitry Melekhov <dm...@aspec.ru>.
Posted by Taras Shumeyko <no...@humgat.kiev.ua>.

Re: Windows-1251 encoding

Posted by Dmitry Melekhov <dm...@aspec.ru>.

Re: Windows-1251 encoding

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Gregory Nickonov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have problems with windows-1251 encoding. Every time I've tried to use it
> in <?xml...> header I've got an exception from Xerces saying that this
> encoding is not supported. If I try to set UTF-8 it starts complaining to
> russian characters inside attribute value. KOI8-R stops complains, but
> instead of russia letters I see a lot of questionmarks. So the questions are
> - how to solve this problem? Is this cocoon or xerces bug/feature? We really
> like this products, but we can't use it without windows-1251 encoding.

I did a bunch of encoding patches for Cocoon 1.7.3-dev which is
currently in the CVS. You might try that or wait for the release (to
come up really soon, now)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.