Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/28 06:14:37 UTC

Re: Axis2 webservice - access to existing application classes outside of axis service/repository tree

Hi ,

> It appears that axis2 requires you to place your webservice's source in
> addition to ALL libraries or classes that that service interacts with under
>
> webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/services.

What do you mean "webservice's source here ...?

> Or is there a way to configure axis so that we do not have to deploy under
> the axis2/ tree, but instead tell it where the class files that will act as
> the service is located in the existing app?

It seems you already running your application as  a .WAR format , you
can integrate Axis2 under your existing application by editing web.xml
and placing required meta data files, not required to bring your
existing  application under the axis2/ tree. please refer [1]

[1] - http://www.developer.com/open/article.php/3777111

Thanks ,

--
Sagara Gunathunga

Blog - http://ssagara.blogspot.com
Web - http://sagaras.awardspace.com/

RE: Axis2 webservice - access to existing application classes outside of axis service/repository tree

Posted by dimension123 <di...@gmail.com>.
My "webservice's source here..", I mean either the compiled classes and all
dependencies.   The webservice implementation classes I have no problem
with, but this service relies on libraries and classes, as well as exposes
pojos from an application that already exists and in production.  That app
runs under the same instance of tomcat as axis2.

I was hoping it would be as simple as being able to set a classpath.

Posted by dimension123 <di...@gmail.com>.
As I have come to learn, what I am trying to do is not possible without a
custom deployer.  I've opted instead to embed axis so that we do not have to
worry about packaging the same jars and dependent classes for every service
that requires them.

I do wish there was a single jar that could be used for embedding axis2
however.  Right now we have to extract the lib and modules directory from
the war during the build, and if we want to provide the listServices and
admin functionality, the axis2_web directory as well.

Still, better than having to having to worry about duplicate jars and
classes for ever service that might use an existing code base.

Posted by dimension123 <di...@gmail.com>.
So embedding a service is the only solution here?  There is no easy way to
tell axis2 where your libraries or dependent classes are other than place
them directly under the axis2 tree?