Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Z W <mp...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/13 07:47:47 UTC

Creating a list of entries

Hi

I have a list of properties in a properties file.
I like to write these property values into a file to be used as an input to
a shell script using sshexec task.
I like to know if there's way to achieve this using Ant.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks

AW: Creating a list of entries

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.
1) <copy> before <replaceregexp>
2) <copy> with a <filterchain>

Jan

Posted by Z W <mp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Z W <mp...@gmail.com>.
Jan

Posted by Z W <mp...@gmail.com>.
Jan

Re: Only one ant command is executing in batch file and not executing other commands after ant in batch file

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.
The easiest thing is to create another build.xml which will do
<antcall> to the two other build.xml files. That will allow you to
create a single email.

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com

Re: Only one ant command is executing in batch file and not executing other commands after ant in batch file

Posted by Ramu Sethu <sr...@yahoo.co.in>.
The above example sends two mail.

If u want the both the results in a single mail, i think u should go for
another build.....:-)

Posted by Ramu Sethu <sr...@yahoo.co.in>.

Posted by Ramu Sethu <sr...@yahoo.co.in>.

Posted by "Vishnumalakala, Santa" <Sa...@adp.com>.
Can I send these output as email using mail logger

Santa.

> and not executing other commands after ant in batch file
>
> Thank you. It is solving my purpose.
> And one more problem is can I take standard output of two
> build files in one file??
> Why because if I use below command
>    ant -l test.log -buildfile Test1\build\build.xml
>  test.log is always creating the new. It is not updating the existing.
> 	Thanks for your cooperation.
> Thanks,
> Santa.

AW: Only one ant command is executing in batch file and not executing other commands after ant in batch file

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.
call ant -f build1.xml > build.log
call ant -f build2.xml >> build.log

>  redirects to a file
>> appends to a file

Jan

Posted by "Vishnumalakala, Santa" <Sa...@adp.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Samuel Monsarrat <sa...@kelis.fr>.
Just use the <concat/>
(http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/concat.html) task to create your
property file in any way you like.
Sam.

Posted by Chuck Holzwarth <ch...@yahoo.com>.
You may want to look at the echo command. You should be able to use something like:
<echo file="x1.txt" append="true">Property_Name : ${Property_Name}</echo>

You can create fairly complex files this way. You may have to set append to false for the first echo just in case you are re-using the file.

Z W <mp...@gmail.com> wrote: Hi

I have a list of properties in a properties file.
I like to write these property values into a file to be used as an input to
a shell script using sshexec task.
I like to know if there's way to achieve this using Ant.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Thank you,
Chuck Holzwarth