Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Richard de Vries <ri...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/01 07:04:07 UTC

[users@httpd] Reverse SSL Proxy on multiple ports

For security reasons, I am running a reverese proxy in
front of my WebSphere App server. The WAS App Server
only listens to 127.0.0.1, and the ports that should
be exposed externally (ie. 9080, 9443 etc) are proxied
thru the proxy server that runs on the same machine.

So basically the proxy is taking requests on the
public IP addresses, and proxies them to 127.0.0.1:xxx

Now my developers felt it was suddenly necesarry to
have two application profiles that are esentially
clones of eachother. So, in it's simplest terms, we
now have the Application Server respond to 2 HTTP and
2 HTTPs ports.

Getting the proxy to proxy two regular HTTP ports is
easy; but how can I configure my proxy to also handle
two HTTPS ports, without having to create new
certificates for each?

So, I want my SSL proxy to proxy HTTPS port 1000 to
127.0.0.1:1000, and HTTPS port 1001 to 127.0.0.1:1001.

Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to use multiple
named virtual hosts in the Proxy SSL Config with all
the same SSL settings. (I get an error stating SSL can
not be re-initialized from within the same config).

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks :)