Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Saliya Ekanayake <es...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/22 20:08:15 UTC

Pregel Question

Hi,

I've created a graph with vertex data of the form (Int, Array[Int]). I am
using the pregel operator to update values of the array for each vertex.

So my vprog has the following signature. Note the message is a map of
arrays from neighbors

def vprog(vertexId: VertexId, value: (Int, Array[Int]), message:
scala.collection.mutable.HashMap[Int, Array[Int]])

The full program is attached here. The expectation is vprog() to update the
array and then sendMsg() to send the updates to the neighbors.

However, this requires cloning the vertex every time in the vprog()
function. If I don't clone Spark would send the same array that it got
after the initial call.

Is there a way to turn off this caching effect?

Thank you,
Saliya

--
Saliya Ekanayake, Ph.D
Applied Computer Scientist

Re: Pregel Question

Posted by Saliya Ekanayake <es...@gmail.com>.
Just realized the attached file has text formatting wrong. The github link
to the file is
https://github.com/esaliya/graphxprimer/blob/master/src/main/scala-2.10/org/saliya/graphxprimer/PregelExample2.scala