Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Daniel Viana Auler(Plebeuz)" <pl...@ig.com.br> on 2009/09/10 16:23:11 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Tuning

Hello,
       I have a question about MaxClients and maxservers, when i tuning
i found in apache that  to calculate maxclients i need to calculate the
SO used memory-total memory divided by the memory witch each apache
process use, but how can i know how to do it correctly, because apache
process ocilates too much, i have configured 256 max clients for 8GB of
ram, that is correct? I have calculate the use of the memory to 25M for
each apache process, 25 * 256 = 6400, there is 1.6GB to OS. But i think,
apache can handle only 256 concurrent connections with 8GB of ram?

Att,

Plebeuz