Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by dc <ar...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/30 20:35:33 UTC

Can't open program

I have an iMac running 10.10.5 Yosemite.  I downloaded OpenOffice 4.1.2 as
a disk image.  I opened and moved OpenOffice into the Applications folder.
When I double click OpenOffice a message appears saying Verifying
"OpenOffice"... The time bar doesn't initiate or move.  It seems to just
stall.  I can't open the program without this procedure.

[image: Inline image 1]

What am I doing wrong?

Ranna Christenson

Re: Can't open program

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.
On 2016-08-30, 3:28 PM Jim McLaughlin wrote:

> *"What am I doing w
Take you anti Mac ignorance and stuff it up your ass.

--
_________________________________

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

Re: Can't open program

Posted by Jim McLaughlin <jj...@gmail.com>.
*"What am I doing wrong?"*
You mean in addition to using a MAC?

Re: Can't open program

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.
On 2016-08-30, 2:35 PM dc wrote concerning "Can't open program":

> I have an iMac running 10.10.5 Yosemite.  I downloaded OpenOffice 4.1.2 as a disk image.  I
> opened and moved OpenOffice into the Applications folder. When I double click OpenOffice a
> message appears saying Verifying "OpenOffice"... The time bar doesn't initiate or move.  It
> seems to just stall.  I can't open the program without this procedure.
>
> Inline image 1
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Ranna Christenson

Attachments are stripped on this group so I can't see the actual error message you received.
Probably due to Gatekeeper on your Mac.

 From the release notes at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.2+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.2ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues

    Mac OS X: Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2 will be flagged by the Gatekeeper facility in Mac OS X.
    This is a new feature to help guard against malware on Mac systems. There is a procedure
    laid out at the following link to allow applications not installed from the Mac App store
    to run. See the Mac support article.

The Mac support article is at https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202491

_________________________________

Re: Can't open program

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.
On 2016-08-30, 2:35 PM dc wrote concerning "Can't open program":

> I have an iMac running 10.10.5 Yosemite.  I downloaded OpenOffice 4.1.2 as a disk image.  I
> opened and moved OpenOffice into the Applications folder. When I double click OpenOffice a
> message appears saying Verifying "OpenOffice"... The time bar doesn't initiate or move.  It
> seems to just stall.  I can't open the program without this procedure.
>
> Inline image 1
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Ranna Christenson

Attachments are stripped on this group so I can't see the actual error message you received.
Probably due to Gatekeeper on your Mac.

 From the release notes at