Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Ding Haoqi <do...@163.com> on 2017/07/26 12:26:36 UTC

How to install the UIMA Eclipse Plugins Offline

Hi all,

I need to install the UIMA Eclipse Plugins on a virtual machine(Linux) without extranet,but it seems dosn't work when I copy the file system where I install the Eclipse in my own PC to the virtual machine,all the plugins about UMIA and RUTA become unavailable,What should I do ? Is it possible for me to download the plugins and install them on the virtual machine manually?

By the way, I have install the plugis on my own PC, but there is no files that its name contains 'uima' or 'ruta' in the Eclipse's plugin or feature files. Which files on earth is associated with the uima and ruta?

best,

Ding Haoqi

Re:Re: How to install the UIMA Eclipse Plugins Offline

Posted by Ding Haoqi <do...@163.com>.
Thanks Peter and Marshall very very much! I have installed them successfully.
I installed the Eclipse in the 'D:/eclipse/'(Windows OS) and all the UIMA plugins before, but it didn't work when I copy the complete Eclispe installation or the 'features' and 'plugins' folders to another Windows PC correspondingly. That's because the plugin installation downloaded by the the online way was put in the 'C:/user/username/.eclipse/.../plugins/' folder not the 'D:/eclipse/plugins/'! That's also why I can't find any file related  to 'uima' or 'ruta' in the Eclipse's subfile.

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Some additional comments:

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Here's a suggestion.