Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by TeoTL <tl...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/07 04:47:30 UTC

AUTHentication SCARE

Hi

I am trying to set up an authentication for the JAMES
in order to prevent a OPEN SPAMMER haven.

But soemhow i find that any password will manage to
pass thru my server.

I use postmaster@abc.com as a sender and I can send
outward mail to anyone with a user (postmaster)
/password (12345678) ...

I can still send a mail out to anyone as well even if
i use a password (abcdefg) ..

I can even do the same thru a remote station not
within the LAN.

it seems that the server does not care what your
password is, as long as you are postmaster@abc.com.

or *.abc.com  ...

This is very unsecured as any javamail can impersobate
me as the postmaster@abc.com and send any stuffs out
on my behalf.

Can someone enlighten me on this issue??

Re: AUTHentication SCARE

Posted by TeoTL <tl...@yahoo.com>.