Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Brett Collett <br...@Objective.com> on 2004/10/12 00:38:54 UTC

2.1 Release

When do you think Slide 2.1 will be released?

Re: 2.1 Release

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.
I can back up the stable claim. I've been running 2.1b1 in production
for about two months now with (almost) no problems. Usage isn't very
heavy, but I've been very happy with it.

-James

Re: 2.1 Release

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de>.

Newbie create user problems

Posted by Kristian Mandrup <kr...@mandrup.dk>.
Just got Slide 2.0 up and running. Logged in using root, root using
DAVexplorer. Managed to create and delete a "test" collection.
Then tried to follow this guide:

http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/howto-create-users.html

Created a test user visible in tree node structure, no problemo.

Seemed to be a small error in the group-member-set description so I used the
following for creating a group-member set. Save, close.

Tag: group-member-set
Namespace: DAV:
Value: <![CDATA[<<D:href xmlns:D='DAV:'>/users/test</D:href><D:href
xmlns:D='DAV:'>/users/john</D:href><D:href
xmlns:D='DAV:'>/users/john2</D:href><D:href
xmlns:D='DAV:'>/users/root</D:href>]]>

Tried to log into "localhost:8080/slide/files" with new DAVExplorer
invocation, but still only root, root works. No changes visible in the
slide/Domain.xml file... did it save? If so, where?

Then tried to edit slide/Domain.xml manually, inserting users/test in the
group-member-set as follows:

<objectnode classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode"
uri="/roles/user">
  <revision>
     <property name="group-member-set"><![CDATA[<D:href
xmlns:D='DAV:'>/users/test</D:href><D:href
xmlns:D='DAV:'>/users/john</D:href><D:href
xmlns:D='DAV:'>/users/john2</D:href><D:href
xmlns:D='DAV:'>/users/root</D:href>]]>
</property>
  </revision>
</objectnode>

Running DAVExplorer again (without Slide server restart, is necessary?),
still no changes, "test" user can NOT login, only root. Any ideas?

Kristian

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de>.
Hi Kristian,

Posted by Kristian Mandrup <kr...@mandrup.dk>.