Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by Mike Beckerle <mb...@apache.org> on 2022/03/11 23:54:51 UTC

vscode repo tag at start of our work

Anyone mind if I push a long, highly-visible, tag
"Start-Apache-Daffodil-VSCode" to the daffodil-vscode repo at this
commit: 793e7e7e2cb4a303d6be865922dfb80afbca46bc
(last commit before our team, from a microsoft contributor)

This is just to make it easier when visualizing the history in tools like
gitk or qgit, etc.

Re: vscode repo tag at start of our work

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.
Personally I prefer that tags are used only for version numbers. But I
won't stand in the way if others would find it useful too.

Note that you could always create a local tag or branch if this is
information that you frequently need. And you could push it to your fork
if you want it pushed somewhere.