Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mukundaraman valakumaresan <mu...@8kmiles.com> on 2014/05/15 14:10:11 UTC

Solr Commiter

Hi

How to become a solr committer? Any suggestions?

Regards
Mukund

Re: Solr Commiter

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
The short form is "join the community". Shawn did so as he explained.

A _great_ place to contribute is to write unit tests. That's also a
bit "safe" in that it doesn't change Solr but does improve it!

Poke around the build site and look at the coverage reports, pick a
part of Solr that isn't tested and create some.

Improve the documentation. Join the effort to revamp the website. Pick
the part of Solr that was least clear to you and improve it. And on
and on....

And I flat guarantee that if you could get to the bottom of the
distributed test failures that seem to occur fairly regularly, you'd
have the undying gratitude of multiple committers :).. Warning though,
that code is fairly hairy!

Best,
Erick

Re: Solr Commiter