Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net> on 2016/09/30 14:46:21 UTC

[FlexJS] Simple Binding doesn't work?

Hi,
probably I do something wrong but it seems to me that even simple basic
binding doesn't work.
I've tested it with 0.6.0, 0.7.0 and the the nightly build.
Could somebody confirm this or point me to the right direction?

Many thanks,
Olaf

[1] https://gist.github.com/ok-at-github/4dc354f7e888bf632398c16f27aa8234

Re: [FlexJS] Simple Binding doesn't work?

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
Alex Harui wrote
> You might need to use ApplicationDataBinding.

That's it, thanks Alex!

>BTW, feel free to get started on a new component set that bakes in
>binding
I decided to first finish my PureMVC demo cause of the lack of public FlexJS
demos out there.
Maybe this helps to get more people interested in FlexJS.
I'd like to demonstrate a couple of things with this demo:
- PureMVC just works with FlexJS
- A concept how to share your business logic across "Flex", "FlexJS asjs"
and hopefully "FlexJS AS3+HTML" without changing any line of the PureMVC
core... just replace the UI
- Maybe I'll modernize the origin Flex demo using Material Design to show
that Flex UIs could get a modern look and feel with less effort

>The reason the basic set requires you to add these beads is so
>we can make sure we have "separation-of-concerns" so things are
>plug-and-play and PAYG.
Makes much sense for me ;-)

Thanks,
Olaf

Re: [FlexJS] Simple Binding doesn't work?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 9/30/16, 8:34 AM, "OK" <po...@olafkrueger.net> wrote:

>Hmm, I notice that the binding doesn't work if I put it all into one file
>[1].
>If I outsource the view and do it the same way as it is demonstrated
>within
>the "DataBindingExample" it works.
>Does this makes sense or do I something wrong?

You might need to use ApplicationDataBinding.  I think FlexJSStore has the
main view in the app.mxml with binding.

BTW, feel free to get started on a new component set that bakes in
binding, either by creating a whole new manifest or by creating subclasses
of Container like ContainerWithDataBinding and ViewWithDataBinding.  I
suspect these slightly heavier components will end up being the most
popular so folks don't keep tripping over which beads to include like you
just did.  The reason the basic set requires you to add these beads is so
we can make sure we have "separation-of-concerns" so things are
plug-and-play and PAYG.

-Alex

Re: [FlexJS] Simple Binding doesn't work?

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
Always the same, just milliseconds after submitting my question the PAYG
comes into to my mind.
Will add the binding bead...

Thanks,
Olaf