Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Hiro Protagonist <hi...@googlemail.com> on 2008/10/15 16:16:28 UTC

JMeter and Citrix

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone has done a load test in a Citrix environment.
My scenario is this: part of the total load I need to generate will have
to come through Citrix sessions, the rest 'normally' from desktops. The
Citrix server is set up so that a user can have at most 2 sessions, and
all sessions share the same IP address. (The load scripts are created
and ready for playback, so no issues there.)
I am just wondering if it would be a valid assumption to make that if I
create x users from the JMeter instance installed on one Citrix session,
that this number of users would put the same load on the system as x
Citrix sessions having only one user each.
I hope that made sense =)
Any pointers/past experiences/recommendations would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
hiro

RE: JMeter and Citrix

Posted by Sweth <sw...@cognizant.com>.
Hi all,
   I am trying to record a script using Citrix connection butThe events are
not being recorded..
Even wen tried with Badboy the script is not replaying correctly...The
scripts that have been working fine in local environment stopped working
when executed in Production(Citrix Environment)
Are there any settings or addins tht hav 2 b included for these kind of
applications.

RE: JMeter and Citrix

I was wondering if someone has done a load test in a Citrix environment.
My scenario is this: part of the total load I need to generate will have
to come through Citrix sessions, the rest 'normally' from desktops. The
Citrix server is set up so that a user can have at most 2 sessions, and
all sessions share the same IP address. (The load scripts are created
and ready for playback, so no issues there.)
I am just wondering if it would be a valid assumption to make that if I
create x users from the JMeter instance installed on one Citrix session,
that this number of users would put the same load on the system as x
Citrix sessions having only one user each.
I hope that made sense =)
Any pointers/past experiences/recommendations would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
hiro

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information and is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. This email is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instruments.